Hello, I’m glad you’re here!
I’m Andrea Weckerle, founder, speaker, and author. 🏔🌲🌿 🗺️
I’ve lived in four countries and eight U.S. states, and through that have had the great fortune of meeting people from different backgrounds and nationalities, for which I’m tremendously grateful. These experiences taught me that true success in life is having close & supportive relationships, a lifestyle that’s conducive to emotional well-being, and the willingness to help make the world a better place for all its inhabitants.
If I had to choose a hashtag to describe my personal philosophy, it would be #ReadyLiving.
Brief snapshot of my professional background
- Founded CiviliNation, a nonprofit organization dedicated to reducing online harassment, character assassination, misinformation, and violence, which I led for over ten years. It closed in mid-2021.
- Wrote the book Civility in the Digital Age: How Companies and People Can Triumph over Haters, Trolls, Bullies, and Other Jerks (available on Amazon).
- Taught in graduate programs at Georgetown University and Kent State University.
- Ran my own boutique communications consultancy and worked with national agencies.
- Helped design, develop, and implement alternative dispute resolution systems for Fortune 500 companies while working at global professional services organization EY.
Juris Doctor and Master of Arts (MAIS) with a focus on Public Relations/Conflict Analysis and Resolution.
Quoted and published in media such as The Wall Street Journal, the Guardian, Fortune, New York Daily News, The Christian Science Monitor, Chicago Tribune, U.S. News and World Report, CNN, and USA Today, and presented at places such as SXSW, the National Press Club, and AASCU’s American Democracy Project.