Personal Safety for Bloggers
In his post about Blog Stalkers — Personal Safety for Bloggers (via Performancing), Darren Rouse shares his personal experience of being stalked by a blog reader who, after a series of escalating behaviors, ended up at his home.
Having put this situation behind him, Darren goes into detail about how bloggers can protect themselves:
- Decide ahead of time how much personal information to share on your blog
- Be aware of what impression you’re leaving
- Remember to follow offline security measures
- Develop a plan of action ahead of time
- Don’t try to deal with a problem situation alone
He also writes an important post about What to Do when Your Blog is Attacked, which I’m going to clip for future reference.